[arch-dev-public] GSoC 2015

Timothy M. Redaelli timothy.redaelli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 16:53:31 UTC 2014

On 11/06/2014 02:54 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi

> Is there interest in Arch participating in GSoC for 2015?

Why not? :P

<cut>

> So there are a range of tasks that would be useful to Arch that could be
> accepted.  For example, I have wanted a continuous build to check for
> packages that no longer build due to updates.

We could open a GSoC to create some Jenkins (or something similar)
modules to do that.

>   There are also ideas
> over at
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:TheBigIdeaPage and I
> guess pacman development would be useful.

For "Signing database files" we can use a debian-like approach,
signing only the hash and not the entire file.
The alternative is to patch GNUPG to allow "two steps" signing (hashing
via ssh and the proper signature locally). Maybe using gpg-agent via ssh
can be another way.

> Some of the folks over at Arch Women have offered to help us get this
> off the ground.
>
> Is any one interested in helping get this going or being mentors for a
> project?

I don't know if a TU can be a mentor or helper, but I'm available to help.

--
Timothy M. Redaelli
Arch Linux Trusted User