[arch-dev-public] Moving KDE 4 translations

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Thu Oct 2 12:24:24 UTC 2014

Hi all,
KDE Frameworks 5 applications will install their translations into
/usr/share/locale/$LANG the same way KDE 4 applications do. Then they will
conflict. See also FS#41684 for more info.

To fix this, we moved KDE 4 translations into /usr/share/locale/kde4/$LANG.
This has been simple as rebuilding kdelibs and ALL applications using it.

We rebuilt every package[1] which depend on kdelibs (directly or not), but
someone could be missing. Please report any official package with a broken
locale.

You will need to rebuild your AUR packages that use kdelibs.

Packages are in [testing] right now.

Cheers

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/todo/moving-kde4-translations/

--