[arch-dev-public] [RFC] New package: vte3-2.90

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Tue Oct 7 18:15:41 UTC 2014

On 29/09/14 19:39, jan at jgc.homeip.net wrote:
> I'm not very happy with having 2 outdated copies of vte in our repos
> though, it's another old library that will not receive any maintenance
> at all. I only want to package the older version in our repos if someone
> can assure me that it will stay active for only 6 months, after that it
> should disappear from repos and all applications that haven't been
> ported should die together with it.

So as not to delay the Gnome 3.14 move even longer, I went ahead and
added vte290 to [testing] and rebuilt roxterm, sakura and tilda against
that in [community-testing]. I also moved etc/profile.d/vte.sh into
vte-common 0.38.0-2.

I hope you are OK with the above changes; of course, once these three
terminal emulators add support for vte-2.91, we can go ahead and drop
vte290.

When you do move Gnome 3.14 to the stable repos, please also move vte290
to [extra] and the following packages to [community]:

cairo-dock
cairo-dock-plugins
giggle
nemiver