[arch-dev-public] Plex Media Server in [community]

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 14 09:49:44 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm thinking of pushing the widely used Plex Media Server in [community].
It is closed source and Plex only provides binaries for Ubuntu, Fedora and
CentOS, but they've already allowed Arch Linux ARM to redistribute it [1]
as long as it was clear that the package came without any warranty from
them. Besides Plex' devs are already aware that I'm packaging Plex Home
Theater (which is open source) [2] so there won't be any problem on their
end.

I modified the plexmediaserver package from AUR, added proper user
management and included plex' terms of service (closest thing to a license
I found), so we should be golden. Files are available here [3].

Any objection?

[1]
https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/77604-request-to-redistribute-with-arch-linux-arm/
[2]