[arch-dev-public] Plex Media Server in [community]

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 14 13:41:11 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>
> wrote:
> > Or do you refer to the free software aspect here? We never forced people
> > only use or package free software and I hope we keep it that way.
>
> Yes, I refer to the free software aspect Pierre.
>
> However, it's not my intention to try to change our policies until we
> agree to change them.
>
> --
> Andrea

In terms of ease of deployment, I have to agree with Ike, I still believe
it is easier to install a package from one of our repos (only one command
and you're good) than from AUR. However Pierre has a good point, the
current terms don't seem to corroborate what Plex' devs have been saying on
the forums. Even if this doesn't end up in [community], I will still need
the terms to change if I want to include it in my own repo. I will discuss
this with them.

In the meantime, I'll contact the current maintainer to get my changes into
the AUR package, or adopt it if possible.

Cheers,
--
Maxime