[arch-dev-public] [RFC] New package: vte3-2.90

Jan Alexander Steffens jan.steffens at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 06:35:02 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 5:45 AM, Anatol Pomozov
<anatol.pomozov at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the best thing we can do now. I briefly looked at vte 0.38 and
> found that it contains *a lot* of API changes. It requires non-trivial
> patches to port sakura and other applications. Let's leave the task of
> API porting to the apps developers.

Well, at least in the apps I ported the API changes weren't that
difficult to adapt to. But, they weren't dedicated terminal
applications. IIRC features were removed where the best we could do
would be stubbing them out.

On another note, I wouldn't be opposed to using this opportunity to
flip our package names around, so we'll have vte2, vte2.90 and vte.
Or, if we want to match the library names, vte, vte2_90 and vte-2.91.
Or maybe some other combination. In any case, vte3 isn't really the
right name.