[arch-dev-public] discussion about a second arch-security mailinglist

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Sat Dec 5 15:47:30 UTC 2015

Dear Archlinux-Developers,
First of all my full respect to everybody and some words about me
because this is my first email on this list.
I am Christian Rebischke (just call me Chris) and part of the
Archlinux-Security Team with Levente Polyak and Remi Gacogne.

We have currently some trouble with the arch-security mailinglist
because some people (ab)use it as discussion plattform.

My grasp (and the grasp of many subscribers) of the mailinglist is
that we only use it for security announcements and not for discussions.

So I want to ask you a few questions:

#1 Do we want security related discussions on the arch-security mailinglist?

#2 Do we want a second mailinglist for announcements only?

My suggestion is that we close arch-security at archlinux.org for the most
people (except devs,trusted users, support stuff) and move security
related discussions to another mailinglist maybe arch-security-discuss
or something like this. Seems like other distributions do it this way.

My other idea would be to close the mailinglist for most of the people
and move all security related discussions to arch-general. I think
arch-general is enough.

What do you think about this issue?

best regards,

Christian Rebischke

Website    : www.nullday.de
Twitter    : @sh1bumi
Jabber     : shibumi at jabber.ccc.de
PGP        : 0xDFE2060D
Fingerprint: 6DAF 7B80 8F9D F251 3962 0000 D214 61E3 DFE2 060D