[arch-dev-public] PHP 7

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Dec 29 19:12:42 UTC 2015

On 19.12.2015 10:12, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to publish PHP 7 packages to our repos soon.I have been
> working on them for some time now and it looks quite fine.
>
> It comes with a catch though as we'd have to remove most third party
> extensions from our repos as they are no longer compatible (some of
> them are also no longer in active development). These modules are:
>
> php-geoip
> php-memcache
> php-memcached
> php-mongo
> php-xcache
>
> We'd also need to drop PHP support from graphviz and uwsgi.

I am about to move the packages from [staging] into [testing] (have to
wait for the ruby rebuild to be finished). Good news for geoip and uwsgi
users as we were able to package patched versions which are now
compatible with PHP 7.

This means when these are moved to [extra] the following have to be
dropped for now:

php-memcache
php-memcached
php-mongo
php-xcache
graphviz' PHP bindings

We might also see a php-mongodb package which is not a drop in
repalcement for php-mongo though.

Greetings,

Pierre