[arch-dev-public] News announcement for lirc 0.9.2

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 01:32:02 UTC 2015

On 19/01/15 06:29 PM, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> I would like to move lirc from [testing] to [extra] soon. Here is a
> draft news item ("Packaging changes in lirc 0.9.2"):
>
>     For consistency with upstream naming, the lirc-utils package was
>     renamed to lirc. The wpc8769l kernel drivers were dropped and can be
>     obtained by installing [lirc-wpc8769l from
>     `[unsupported]`](https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lirc-wpc8769l/).

It would probably make more sense to say "from the AUR" at this point,
since few users are versed in the history of [community]. I don't really
think it can be be considered part of the AUR these days.

FWIW, the wiki already moved away from that terminology:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Help:Style#AUR_packages