[arch-dev-public] C++ ABI change rebuild

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Mon Jun 29 07:21:48 UTC 2015

On a relevant note, today I tested some experimental packages built with
the new C++11 ABI. [1] Judging by this test run, we should be able to do
the rebuilds, in a mostly automated way, within about 3 days once we
decide to implement the ABI change. [2]

My regular Xfce desktop seemed to work fine (incl. Firefox and
Chromium). I also tried KDE's Plasma desktop with no issues.

I did, however, see two crashes listed in coredumpctl but I didn't
notice them during normal usage, probably because they happened at
program termination. [3]

We'll certainly need to look into these crashes at some point.

Disclaimer: As mentioned in the README.txt file, these builds should
never be installed on a live system; I was just lazy and tried them
anyway. :P

[1] http://nymeria.archlinux.org/cxx11abitest/README.txt
[2] https://github.com/foutrelis/arch-rebuilds
[3] http://pkgbuild.com/~foutrelis/backtraces/