[arch-dev-public] Building in a clean chroot

Johannes Löthberg johannes at kyriasis.com
Mon Jun 29 11:43:26 UTC 2015

On 29/06, Allan McRae wrote:
>On 29/06/15 17:16, Johannes Löthberg wrote:
>> On 29/06, Ike Devolder wrote:
>>> +1 for forcing build in chroot. It should be mandatory and is not hard
>>> at all to do. There are some edgecases where a chroot will break the
>>> building of a package, but we should be able to add 'exceptions' for
>>> specific packages (with a flag or config).
>>>

>> Hmm, might be worth it to documment some semi-common issues that might
>> arise from building in a chroot or container. Like that with projects
>> using tup you have to either bind in /dev/fuse from the host into the
>> container, or make tup generate a shell script (through an undocummented
>> command..)
>>

>Is there any reason that devtools should not do that?

No, not really. Right now I build my private packages with:

 testing-x86_64-build -r ~/packaging/chroots -- -d /dev/fuse -- -c /var/cache/pacman/pkg

But it would be easy to either add a flag to archbuild to add that
makechrootpkg argument, or add it to makechrootpkg instead.

--
Sincerely,
  Johannes Löthberg