[arch-dev-public] Dropping frostwire

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Wed Mar 18 17:47:50 UTC 2015

Beginning with Frostwire 6.0.0, upstream has started using libtorrent
via custom Java bindings (jlibtorrent) so the package is no longer
architecture independent and is officially only targeted at x86_64.

My main concern is that the source for libjlibtorrent.so is only
provided in the form of a Github repository without proper tags that
correspond to Frostwire releases. The latter contain a pre-compiled
version of libjlibtorrent.so which I'm not comfortable shipping as-is.

With the above in mind and what I perceive as very limited use of
Frostwire by Arch users, I'm going to move the package to the AUR in a
few days unless someone wants to take over and update it to the latest
version.