[arch-dev-public] Data corruption on software RAID 0 w/ discard option set

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Fri May 22 04:32:41 UTC 2015

Holger Kiehl describes the issue pretty well here:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/5/21/167

I included the proposed fix in linux 4.0.4-2 and linux-lts 3.14.43-2;
these kernels are currently in [testing] but we should move them to
[core] as soon as possible so please provide a couple more signoffs.

I'm not sure if we should post an announcement about this but I feel we
should. Unless someone thinks it's not needed, I'll write a post once
they move to [core].

The problematic commit was part of Linux 4.0.2 and 3.14.41 (and later).
This means that our normal kernel in [core] has been affected for about
9 days and the LTS kernel for about 12 days.