[arch-dev-public] Consensus: DKMS modules

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 11:29:33 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 08:06:35PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 14/04/16 19:23, Ike Devolder wrote:
> > - use separate repo [kernel-update{-testing,-staging}]
>
> Why?   We have staging for rebuilds like these.

So we can have easier updates when a kernel is updated in both core and
testing.

In that case we would have to land a kernel in core and then update the
modules as fast as possible. If this update process has its own repo you
can make sure the updates of the kernel and its out-of-tree modules
happen on the same time.

--
Ike