[arch-dev-public] Introducing git.archlinux.org

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Sun Apr 24 14:32:00 UTC 2016

Hello,

As discussed on the devops list, we plan to move projects.archlinux.org to
git.archlinux.org. Behind this facial change, we will:
- move cgit web hosting from gudrun to luna;
- move git repositories from gerolde to luna;
- switch to the git.archlinux.org DNS.

The http(s):// URLs will be redirect (301) to the new ones and the git:// will
use the DNS CNAMing. So no break from this until we decide.

We could not redirect gerolde.archlinux.org ssh:// to luna, so, a manual update
is required for dev/tu/jouke who .

For example, you will have to set your remote from:
ssh://gerolde.archlinux.org/srv/projects/git/users/seblu/agetpkg.git
ssh://git.archlinux.org/srv/git/users/seblu/agetpkg.git
with sed: 's,gerolde,git,;s,projects/,,'

Git repositories are synchronised every hour from gerolde to luna until the
move is fully effective.
I plan to do the switch on 29/4 10PM CEST. This let us one week to test.

SSH access to luna have been created for TUs and Dev based on the ssh-key I
pushed here[1].

Send me an email you have any trouble regarding this.

Cheers,

[1] https://git.archlinux.org/users/seblu/ansible.git/tree/roles/base/vars/main
.yml

--