[arch-dev-public] Hooks rebuild #1

Balló György ballogyor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 06:05:11 UTC 2016

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 12:09 AM, Anatol Pomozov
> <anatol.pomozov at gmail.com> wrote:>
> > And one more note: there are a lot of packages that have a dependency
> > to "desktop-file-utils/gtk-update-icon-cache/..."
> > package because the tools were used in *.install file. With the hook
> > these dependencies are needed anymore.
> > Please look at the dependency list of the packages you update and
> > clean it up if needed.
>
> No, dependencies ensure the hook is available.

+1

Only xdg-utils should be replaced with gtk-update-icon-cache when it's used
by the install script to run 'xdg-icon-resource forceupdate'.

I recommend to add gtk-update-icon-cache as dependency to
hicolor-icon-theme, since if a package uses the hicolor theme hierarchy,
then it should update its icon cache too.

--
György Balló