[arch-dev-public] New TeXLive 2016 packages in [testing]

Jan Alexander Steffens jan.steffens at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 06:38:43 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 12:45 AM Rémy Oudompheng <
arch-dev-public at archlinux.org> wrote:

> I have published new TeXLive packages for the 2016 release in [testing].
> The structure of the packages has been left unchanged (e.g. no introduction
> of pacman hooks).

I noticed that there's an mktexlsr hook now, but texlive-bin still runs it
post_install and post_upgrade.

Perhaps you should add "Target = usr/bin/mktexlsr" to the hook? Then it
will run after texlive-bin install and upgrade, too.

Also, please keep the output of the hooks clear—only errors should be
reported. For the mktexlsr script, remove the echo and the -v flag from rm
in the mktexlsr script. Perhaps the commands it calls also need to be
quieted (via arguments or redirects), but don't do so if it suppresses all
errors, too. The font map hook needs a similar treatment.

Thanks for your work on TeXLive!