[arch-dev-public] Long out of date packages

Bartłomiej Piotrowski bpiotrowski at archlinux.org
Wed Aug 17 18:52:20 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-06 10:18, Florian Pritz via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have quite a few packages that are marked out of date for more than a
> month[1]. Some of them even for a year or two. You can also view a list
> of your own packages via the link on the developer dashboard under the
> heading "Developer Reports".
>
> Can everyone please either update their packages or explain here why
> each package is not being updated? If it's due to lack of interest,
> please consider orphaning it and post the names of the packages here so
> they can be adopted.
>
> If a package is flagged incorrectly, please unflag it.
>
> [1] https://www.archlinux.org/devel/reports/long-out-of-date/
>
> Florian

While I'm no saint either, Ceph package is out of date since November
last year and received only minor upgrades despite newer releases
availability. 2 weeks ago I asked Sebastien on #archlinux-devops why he
didn't upgrade it despite his activity with other packages to no avail.

This week I'm going to rebuild dependent packages to disable Ceph
support and then move Ceph itself to AUR.

Bartłomiej