[arch-dev-public] Long out of date packages

Bartłomiej Piotrowski bpiotrowski at archlinux.org
Wed Aug 17 19:35:02 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-17 21:20, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
> I didn't get your message on #archlinux-devops. You really didn't
> find any other way to talk to me?

Even without my question on IRC, you at least got out-of-date
notification and Florian's message about rotten packages. There is also
a bug report stating that package is unusable, created in February. Is
that really not enough?

> This kind of threat is inappropriate.

Lack of communication on your side is inappropriate. If there is a good
reason not to upgrade a package, put that information somewhere, instead
of letting it decay.

Bartłomiej