[arch-dev-public] Preparing OpenVPN 2.4.x - possible incompatible changes

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 2 12:33:41 UTC 2016

Em dezembro 2, 2016 10:25 Christian Hesse escreveu:
> Giancarlo Razzolini <grazzolini at archlinux.org> on Tue, 2016/11/29 17:00:
>
> Sure I do. :-p
>
> But as the cause is known now... Why not just set a password with a maximum
> length of 128 chars?

Been doing that for a while now. In fact, Maxime, from PIA, told me they'd
change their maximum password size to 128. I've been following the discussion
on the OpenVPN list and it seems they didn't yet reached a conclusion. So,
2.4.0, will probably not have this fix yet (if they will do any fix).

And I'll make time to improve our wiki regarding running OpenVPN entirely
unprivileged.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini