[arch-dev-public] Shadowing i686, round 1

Bartłomiej Piotrowski bpiotrowski at archlinux.org
Wed Dec 28 19:52:21 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-12 21:51, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
> Let's see where we end up this time.

Round 2. It is apparent that majority of packagers participating in
discussion are for or not strongly against dropping i686.

I guess no time frame will be good enough for some people, but I don't
want to rush too much. Although I agree with Gerardo that we should cut
out i686 from archiso, maybe starting from January build.

About definitive end of i686 support, I think 9 months from now is
enough time to migrate existing installations to some different
distribution.

What parts of our infrastructure will need to be upgraded to reflect
that? dbscripts, ABS (which sounds like another candidate for dropping
but let's talk about it another time) and devtools?

Bartłomiej