[arch-dev-public] signoffs are dead

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Mon Jul 4 20:07:52 UTC 2016

On ven., 2016-07-01 at 17:43 -1000, Gaetan Bisson wrote:
> [2016-07-01 21:24:47 +0200] Florian Pritz via arch-dev-public:
> > Am 2016-06-30 09:41, schrieb Johannes Löthberg via arch-dev-public:
> > > That has actually come up on IRC a lot of times over the last couple
> > > years, users asking how to sign-off packages / if they can help
> > > signing-off.
> >
> > I've already got 4 people willing to help, but nobody here voiced an
> > opinion
> > on this matter yet. Do we want such tester from a dev/TU perspective?
>
> That sounds like the best idea so far. It also gives users running
> [testing] some kind of a purpose besides the fun of the occasional
> breakage.

I think we should not promote person as developer because their main work is to
test packages. This seems more "support staff" position.

If we want to keep the explicit feedback, we could also open signoffs to our
community. The feedbacks will be more representative as only few selected
people will test their own needs.

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer