[arch-dev-public] signoffs are dead

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Tue Jun 28 18:09:41 UTC 2016

Dear all,

For a while now packages in [testing] have gotten little to no signoffs
and I've been moving mine to [core] after a week without feedback. I
suspect many of you have been doing this too. Here's the signoff reports
over the last ten days:

- June 19: 0 signoffs
- June 20: 6 from me, 4 from anthraxx
- June 21: 0
- June 22: 5 from me
- June 23: 2 from demize
- June 24: 1 from me
- June 25: 0
- June 26: 1 from me
- June 27: 3 from me, 1 from eworm
- June 28: 3 from heftig, 2 from arojas

So I've decided to shorten the wait in [testing] to 48 hours. Many
updates to [core] packages include security fixes and they have better
move sooner rather than later. We used to be able to gather enough
signoffs to move these within a day or two, and that's what I intend to
do with or without signoffs.

Any comment, and especially any other idea to fix this situation, is
welcome.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan