[arch-dev-public] Conclusion: DKMS modules

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 23 03:08:19 UTC 2016

Having given everyone time to reply (not that many did...), the
consensus of those that replied is:

- Binary modules are to be provided at minimum of all kernels in [core],
with preference to providing them for all supported kernels (noting that
out-of-tree modules may not work with some patched kernels).

- There is no objection to providing DKMS modules in the repos, but this
is secondary to binary modules.  No opinions were stated on whether we
ensure all modules have DKMS variants in the repos.

I decree by the power invested in me through talking the loudest, that
this is now our policy.

Allan