[arch-dev-public] Hooks!

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Mon May 2 15:10:15 UTC 2016

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386 at gmail.com> on Mon, 2016/05/02 08:46:
> On 05/02/16 07:20, Christian Hesse wrote:
> > Massimiliano Torromeo <massimiliano.torromeo at gmail.com> on Fri, 2016/04/29
> > 12:47:
> >> I was also wondering about a pacman hook ro run "systemctl daemon-reload"
> >> after systemd units installations/upgrades. This is something that was
> >> not done even in .install files but I don't know if there was a reason
> >> why.
> >>
> >> Others distros do this automatically, even the ones that do not have the
> >> bad habit of restarting the services for you without asking. Eg: I never
> >> had to do daemon-reload on CentOS 7.
> >>
> >> As far as I understand it shouldn't have any unintended side effects
> >> (and I certainly never experienced one). Thoughts?
> >
> > Ah, and another one to reload udev rules:
> >
> > [Trigger]
> > Operation = Install
> > Operation = Upgrade
> > Operation = Remove
> > Type = File
> > Target = usr/lib/udev/rules.d/*
> >
> > [Action]
> > Description = Reload udev rule files
> > When = PostTransaction
> > Exec = /usr/bin/udevadm control --reload-rules
> > Depends = systemd
> >

> --reload-rules (is keep but hidden for compatibility), renamed to
> --reload,

Ah, did not notice, yet.

> in any case, rules are reloaded automagically (thanks to inotify).

Are you sure? Even attached strace to systemd-udevd and could not see any
activity when changing files in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/.
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)