[arch-dev-public] Long out of date packages

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Thu Oct 20 15:31:27 UTC 2016

On 10/20/2016 02:25 PM, Florian Pritz via arch-dev-public wrote:

> I'll start slowly dropping packages to AUR in a few weeks.

Well I'm not 100% sure but do you mean the already orphan packages or
all not required packages?
Most likely there is lot of stuff they will be dropper later on... but I
think they should first be orphaned before we start doing that.

Purely speaking about the "movable to AUR" (not the required) packages,
but I would instantly pick up: avidemux, reaver, httpie, python-irc if
they would be orphan.

maybe some of the useful stuff from that list would be picked up by
others too?

> anthraxx:
> community/x86_64/powerdns-recursor
> community/any/gufw

Ups, I forgot powerdns-recursor in the [testing] repository, the
package is in that repo for quite a while. will move when arriving at home.

gufw requires more work and new dependencies + testing. It was an orphan
package and I picked that up like aprox. 1.5 weeks ago to mark that i
start working on that topic. Will accelerate and to that asap.

cheers,
Levente