[arch-dev-public] OpenSSL 1.1.0

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Thu Feb 23 21:29:17 UTC 2017

Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> on Sat, 2017/02/11 09:32:
> On 29.01.2017 21:49, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to propose a migration to OpenSSL 1.1. The update comes with
> > ABI and API changes. Every linked packages needs to be rebuild. There
> > will likely be broken packages. Once the protobuf* rebuild has left
> > the [staging] repo I would like to upload a first set of OpenSSL 1.1
> > packages.
> >
> > I have created a todo list of packages that either have a direct
> > dependency on openssl or link to libssl.so.1.0.0 or
> > libcrypto.so.1.0.0:
> >   https://www.archlinux.org/todo/openssl-110-rebuild/
>
> I will push the first set of packages to [staging]. Please avoid doing
> other rebuilds until this one is done.

Are you interested in details?

I have a working version of openvpn, but it requires heavy patching. I will
wait for version 2.4.1 which has a lot of preparation (and with some luck is
ported completly). Will push an openssl rebuild then.
If anybody is interested... Raise your hands and let me know, I can provide
packages for testing.

Mariadb is still unsolved. There is a ticket in upstream jira [0] but it does
not carry anything useful. There's a reference for a review, but I could not
find the patch in mail archive. Will try to contact the developers and
express our interest...

Mupdf is a burden to maintain due to build system, bundled libraries and
static linking. Looks like upstream is not yet interested in openssl 1.1.0...
As I do not use it currently this will move to [community] if no one
steps up.

[0] https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-10332
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)