[arch-dev-public] Phasing out gstreamer0.10

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Thu Jan 19 08:59:10 UTC 2017

On 01/19/17 at 02:18am, Balló György via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Beside to WebkitGTK+, GStreamer 0.10 is unmaintained too. [1] The last
> release was in 2012. Most of the applications are already ported to
> GStreamer 1. The last major user is wxGTK, but an upstream patch is
> available for GStreamer 1 support. [2]

Actually a new release is out 3.1.0 with gstreamer 1.0 support. [1]

> │ └─wxgtk2.8
> │   ├─amule
> │   ├─codeblocks

There is a bugreport for compilation with wxgtk, maybe it's applicable
for other packages depending on wxgtk2.8 although most of them have
better alternatives... [2]

> │   ├─lib32-wxgtk2.8
> │   ├─pgadmin3
> │   ├─rapidsvn
> │   ├─scorched3d
> │   ├─truecrypt

veracrypt replaces this package I'd say.

> │   ├─wxpython2.8

This is required by at least 2 other packages:
	- cycle (dead upstream) , mayavi (as dead upstream ~ 2005)

[1]  http://wxwidgets.org/news/2016/02/wxwidgets-3.1.0-released/
[2]  https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/52516

P.S.

seems new years clean up has started :)

Mayhbe I should drop pygoocanvas and goocanvas1 too.

--
Jelle van der Waa