[arch-dev-public] OpenSSL 1.1.0

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Sun Jan 29 21:43:18 UTC 2017

Em janeiro 29, 2017 18:49 Pierre Schmitz escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose a migration to OpenSSL 1.1. The update comes with
> ABI and API changes.

I don't know if it ever was discussed, but did we ever considered LibreSSL
instead? There are some distros out there using it already using, I think
the most recent convert was Alpine.

I know it would be a bigger step than simply adopting OpenSSL 1.1, but I
also think it would be a better move, since we need to rebuild everything
anyway. There will be breakage in both cases, but I think there is more to
gain by switching to LibreSSL.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini