[arch-dev-public] [RFC] Mirror load distribution

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Mon Jan 30 21:13:44 UTC 2017

On 30.01.2017 21:57, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> Idea sounds good to me, don't forget that you can also 'generate a
> mirrorlist' here, so you might want to remove the 'use mirror status'
> option there too. (or was that not part of the plan?) [1]
>
> [1] https://www.archlinux.org/mirrorlist/

My plan is to keep this because I just remove the sorting by score. The
score will still be used to filter mirrors which have a very high one
(currently >100). Such mirrors are either very, very slow or out of
date. Using the score (mirror status) just to filter the list should
return a list of useable mirrors.

Without this option, archweb would return a list that contains all
mirrors, even if they are out of date.

Florian