[arch-dev-public] Changing compilation flags

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 19:06:14 UTC 2017

> So I think it would be a good idea to flip the default to -z,now in
> the
> linker if we're going to use -fno-plt. I think they'd take a patch for
> that upstream. Clang issue could be avoided with a 1 line patch adding
> another no-op flag and they'd take that upstream. It's harmless to use
> the slower lazy linking calling convention when -fno-plt is passed.

This is literally just +1 LOC for Clang b/c it has a system for adding
no-op flags already, which is mostly used for GCC compatibility.

It even uses it in cases that are quite dubious like making -fstack-
check into a no-op, despite it not just being an optional optimization /
code generation change like -fno-plt.