[arch-dev-public] switching to systemd-stable

NicoHood archlinux at nicohood.de
Thu Jul 6 00:11:19 UTC 2017

On 07/05/2017 12:10 AM, Christian Hesse wrote:
> Dave Reisner <d at falconindy.com> on Sat, 2017/07/01 13:22:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> This should be pretty much a no-brainer, but wanted to be sure I wasn't
>> missing anything. Systemd upstream publishes a "systemd-stable" repo [1]
>> which branches at each tag and cherry-picks backports. I'd like to
>> switch our systemd package to this repo to avoid some of the duplication
>> of work that Jan, Christian and myself have done in the past. The repo
>> sees a bunch more activity than what our own backporting strategy has
>> been, and I see that as a positive.
>
> Just a little heads-up... systemd 233.75-1 landed in [testing]. So give it a
> try! ;)
>
> BTW, we had just one backported commit to be removed, so 74 new commits
> landed in this package compared to 233-7. Let's hope this gives some benefit.

Systemd still does not use https sources. Regarding the recent
discussion about tricking git about wrong tags and other evil stuff it
is highly recommended to switch to https. Please do it in favor for all
ArchLinux users security.

Once more the reference:
https://www.usenix.org/conference/usenixsecurity16/technical-sessions/presentation/torres-arias