[arch-dev-public] TeXLive 2017 packages are now available in [testing]

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 04:25:12 UTC 2017

> Hi Remy,
>
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 at 08:24:23, Rémy Oudompheng via arch-dev-public wrote:
>> TexLive 2017 has been released at the beginning of the month and is
>> now packaged in [testing].
>> No particular issue is expected when upgrading to this release.
>>
>> Note that a few packages disappear in this release, following upstream
>> changes in structure:
>> * texlive-genericextra (merged in texlive-core)
>> * texlive-htmlxml (merged in texlive-core and formatsextra)
>> * texlive-plainextra (merged in texlive-core)
>
> I noticed one minor issue. The dblatex package still depends on
> texlive-htmlxml which currently prevents dblatex users from upgrading
> TeXLive. There are also some packages with makedepends on the obsolete
> packages mentioned above.
>
> The two obvious options are:
>
> * Make the replacements of texlive-genericextra, texlive-htmlxml and
>   texlive-plainextra provide the obsolete packages.
>
> * Update the dependencies of all affected packages and make sure we move
>   them from [testing] together with TeXLive 2017.
>
> Of course, a combination of both approaches is possible as well. What do
> you suggest?

Texlive-core already provides genericextra and plainextra.
Formatsextra conflicts with htmlxml but does not provide it (htmlxml
is split between core and formatsextra).

I could say that formatsextra provides texlive-html, since it depends
on core anyway, so installing it is enough.

Let me do that.

Regards,
Rémy.