[arch-dev-public] Arch Linux Container and Boxes

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Thu Jun 1 16:12:09 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 07:48:58PM +0200, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
> On 2017-05-31 16:08, Christian Rebischke wrote:
> > There is a dependency cycle, thats why systemd got pulled in.
> > I got already some feedback to the container and the image and I am
> > pretty sure we can reduce the size of the container a little bit more.
> > Currently the docker container is 152mb big in compressed state and
> > around 425mb or something uncompressed.
>
> I don't see a cycle here…

Here is the cycle that I mean:

This are the first lines of output of `make docker-push`:

pacstrap -C /usr/share/devtools/pacman-extra.conf -c -d -G -M /tmp/tmp.eKptMyKU0t diffutils gettext grep inetutils iproute2 iputils pacman procps-ng psmisc sed tar util-linux which gzip
==> Creating install root at /tmp/tmp.eKptMyKU0t
==> Installing packages to /tmp/tmp.eKptMyKU0t
:: Synchronizing package databases...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: systemd will be installed before its iptables dependency

This dependency cycle is pulling in 96 more packages including systemd.