[arch-dev-public] Arch Linux Container and Boxes

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Tue May 30 23:05:51 UTC 2017

Hello everybody,
I am pleased to announce that pierre and me founded the 'Archlinux'
Organisation on hub.docker.com and pierre pushed his awesome docker
container to this repository. (Big thanks to pierre!). [1][2]

His docker container is a huge improvement to the other docker
containers in the hub. Most of them are insecure, ship private keys
within the container or ship more applications as needed.

Moreover I can announce that I did the same for vagrant images and I
would like to invite you for contribution. [3]
There is a 'archlinux' organisation on atlas.hashicorp.com now that
offers vagrant images for libvirt and virtualbox. My goal is at least
support for vmare and maybe parallel or Amazon AMI, depends on if I can
find somebody with these hypervisors for testing, because I can
currently only test virtualbox and libvirt on my machine. [4]

So my question to you is now:

Can we make this project official? Or do we even want to make this
official? I would like to start a discussion with this questions.

In case of yes, I would like to have pierre and my project on
projects.archlinux.org and would like to found the channel
#archlinux-boxes on freenode.

Best regards,

Chris

[1] https://hub.docker.com/r/archlinux/