[arch-dev-public] [draft] The end of i686 support

Alad Wenter alad at mailbox.org
Mon Nov 6 10:36:50 UTC 2017

> Bartłomiej Piotrowski <bpiotrowski at archlinux.org> hat am 6. November 2017 um 11:21 geschrieben:
>
> Slightly changing the topic... We have plenty of space on our
> PIA-sponsored mirrors. Given that said fork pretty strictly follows our
> PKGBUILDs (much alike to ARM team), I'd like to host arch32 mirrors
> there as well. What do you think?

I don't mind, but in the end it's up to those who pay for the mirrors.

It does bring up the topic again on how the Arch community will support arch32. Does hosting arch32 mirrors give the impression that we support the fork through our channels, or is that unrelated? How will we otherwise react on support requests for or from arch32? IMO, the announcement is vague on that.

(Personally I would support the idea of having both projects under a common umbrella. But by now arch32 has their own support infrastructure, including forums).

Alad