[arch-dev-public] [draft] The end of i686 support
bpiotrowski at archlinux.org
Mon Nov 6 13:03:16 UTC 2017
On 2017-11-06 12:16, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> Well, I doubt they wanted to be caught by surprise and have nothing
> ready if we decided not to allow support requests for arch32...
> But if we are willing to allow arch32 to be hosted under our umbrella,
> the presence of separate infrastructure should not IMHO cause us to go
> back on that and therefore cause additional fragmentation that we were
> initially okay with avoiding.
There is no umbrella as long as "archlinux.org" domain is not involved.
I'm not proposing sharing our master mirror from which every server
syncs packages from, but additional spare boxes that are in the areas of
the world where in general we had few mirrors.
(Re-)using our bug tracker is different subject than is unrelated for
now. Let's move away from flyspray before we start being an umbrella.
More information about the arch-dev-public