[arch-dev-public] Switching the bugtracker to Bugzilla

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Mon Nov 20 13:07:17 UTC 2017

Sorry for being late to the party.

On 2017-11-14 20:30:21 (+0100), Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> It seems to be time to move on, and Bugzilla is one of the more active and
> maintained bugtrackers out there. Used by several big projects such as
> Gnome, LLVM and Mozilla. One of the benefits of moving would be the
> possibility of default assignees per 'component'.
I guess the decision has already been made towards bugzilla, but if not,
MantisBT [1] is another "only bug tracker" web application.
It has quite improved over the recent versions concerning usability
(nicely scalable on small screens) and is actively maintained.
Default assignies can be made "by category" afaik.
I can't say, if it fits all or any of the other requirements you're
seeking though.

btw: I'm suggesting this not because I package mantisbt in AUR, but
because I don't like using bugzilla too much ;-)

> # Migration
I would probably also opt for archiving and starting from scratch, if it
indeed takes too long to sieve through and find relevant open bugs.

> # User migration
This would be great, but will be an ugly script job in any case ;)
Additionally: If the relation to the user's bugs can be transferred,
don't bother.

> # Products
Separating core/extra and a separate testing would be great.
Although some "products" have found new bug tracking homes, I'd much
rather see them unified under bugs.archlinux.org, than scattered.

> Input would be welcome, on what we should migrate from flyspray and
> what products we should define.
Sorry for probably adding more noise.

In any case, thanks for the work!

Best,