[arch-dev-public] Merging multilib toolchain with [core]

Johannes Löthberg johannes at kyriasis.com
Wed Nov 22 20:04:16 UTC 2017

Quoting Bartłomiej Piotrowski (2017-11-22 12:19:12)
> Hi,
>
> For a long time we have been maintaining multilib-enabled gcc package
> separately under [multilib] repo. Compilation takes a lot and usually it
> falls behind because I forget to keep it in sync with [core].
>
> I propose to merge it with core/gcc instead and split lib32-gcc-libs.
> The latter would be moved to [core] due to dbscripts inability to
> maintain split packages in multiple repositories. On the same note, the
> same would happen to lib32-glibc.
>
> Any objections?
> Bartłomiej

I'm definitely in favour of it, and have had some issues quite a few
times with automatic package building and having pacman automatically
replace gcc with gcc-multilib.

To work around it with the new reproducibility builds that are currently
running we chose to work around it by just explicitly specifying all of
the multilib-devel packages and then piping `yes` into pacman.

(Side note:  It would be nice if there was a handy way to say yes to all
group members programmatically and also accepting any replaces.  Since
the two prompts requires different input, it would currently require
some hacky `echo` sequences into pacman, hm.)

--
Sincerely,
  Johannes Löthberg