[arch-dev-public] Replace Gentoo mime-types with Fedora mailcap?

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Thu Nov 23 00:23:00 UTC 2017

Em novembro 22, 2017 17:24 Jan Alexander Steffens via arch-dev-public escreveu:
> After seeing bug 54977[1] I've been investigating where our /etc/mime.types
> comes from, and it's apparently from Gentoo[2] and hasn't been updated
> since Oct 2012.

I was not aware we had such old mime.types file. By the way, this .jpe bug always
intrigued me, but no to the point of chasing it down.

> I would like to propose replacing mime-types with mailcap from Fedora[3],
> which is still maintained; it fixes the above bug. It also provides
> /etc/nginx/mime.types (conflicts with upstream NGINX, but defines many more
> types) and /etc/mailcap (not used by anything we have?).
>
> Thoughts? Objections? Should we also use the mailcap NGINX mime.types?

I'm not sure if NGINX mime.types has anything that is required for it to function
properly. I can look into this, but if it doesn't, then both me and Bartłomiej, can
strip upstream's on our respective packages. How does fedora handles it?

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini