[arch-dev-public] Orphan mono packages

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Wed Oct 18 15:41:30 UTC 2017

Em outubro 18, 2017 9:08 Antonio Rojas escreveu:
> After Daniel's resignation, mono related packages became orphan. anthraxx
> and grazzolini adopted nuget and mono itself, but the following packages
> still don't have a maintainer:
>
> monodevelop
> xsd
> mod_mono
> mono-basic
> boo
> mono-debugger
> mono-upnp
> gtk-sharp-beans
> gettext-mono
>
> and others I may have missed. mono stuff breaks frequently (in fact most
> of these packages don't build currently) so they need a dedicated
> maintainer. Please adopt them if you're interested (or reply here so
> they're moved to community if you're a TU), otherwise I'll drop them in a
> few days.

A small clarification, I have adopted nuget because it is required by one of
my packages. If monodevelop gets dropped, then it would be a requirement just
to that package.

As for mono, it is a requirement for some of my packages and I use it indirectly
on a daily basis. Both me and Levente agreed to co-maintain it because it is
indeed a very problematic package. We plan to upgrade it soon, probably on staging
even.

As for the remaining orphans, I will have a look later this week to make sure they
are not optional dependencies or would break something else, because the dependency
chain with mono can get messy.

Can you let me do the drop or ping me on IRC/email before doing so?

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini