[arch-dev-public] systemd - move to base group and expect it to be installed?

andyrtr at archlinux.org andyrtr at archlinux.org
Wed Sep 13 05:35:22 UTC 2017

Morning.

I've cleaned systemd-sysvcompat long time ago from all my systems. I didn't know it is still alive and is meant to pull in main systemd.

Lately cups-filters failed to install when building in a clean chroot due to missing "lp" group. Having systemd-sysvcompat in base should have pulled in systemd and allow "lp" group creation. Maybe this is another trigger of the systemd bug.
We should continue talking on the list. Maybe we should stop splitting systemd and simply make it part of "base" group to make sure all Arch users have all its parts installed.

-Andy