[arch-dev-public] New build server in the US?

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Wed Apr 18 11:27:18 UTC 2018

Hi,

OSUOSL [1] in the US has several "new" refurb servers with dual Xeon E5-2660.
Each machine has a total of 16 cores / 32 threads and 140 GB RAM, so that
would make nice build machines.

Would this be useful to the dev community?  Soyuz is a bit overloaded at
times, and people in the US/Canada might appreciate the lower latency.

The hosting conditions are described here: http://osuosl.org/services/hosting/

Regarding money, OSUOSL works through donation: if we ask for a server and
we have money, it would be nice to support them financially.
I honestly have no idea about Arch's financial situation, or how soyuz is
paid for in practice.

Let's discuss this!
Baptiste

[1] http://osuosl.org