[arch-dev-public] New build server in the US?

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Thu Apr 19 19:44:09 UTC 2018

[2018-04-19 21:19:43 +0200] Florian Pritz via arch-dev-public:
> Some feedback on how people use soyuz would probably help a lot here.
> What are your build times, how quickly do you want the result, do you
> need to see live output, does the latency to the machine matter
> (interactive usage?), ...?

For my own limited use, short build times are what matters most: if a
build is slowed down or delayed I'll likely have forgotten about it by
the time it's finished.

I'm glad you mentioned the Singapore server was underused. I've switched
my build scripts to using it since I'm the same ping time away from it
and soyuz.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan