[arch-dev-public] dropping js38

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Apr 24 18:36:43 UTC 2018

The last package to depend on js38 was cjs, and with the completion of
the cinnamon 3.8 rollout this too is ported to js52.

There's no reason to continue to keep this in the repos AFAICT.

On the topic of the various js* packages, we've had to rebuild some
packages which used the /usr/bin/js tool when moving to js52. Having to
patch the package to hardcode a specific version of js seems a bit
awkward, perhaps we should move the js command from the js185 package
(while we wait for *its* last user to be fixed) to a renamed js52 ==> js
package, which would provide js52 for packages which link against a
specific version instead of using the CLI?

This would more closely match how we handle things like python, ruby,
nodejs.

--
Eli Schwartz

--