[arch-dev-public] Test repository with gcc8

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 13 15:13:25 UTC 2018

On 02/13/2018 09:29 AM, Bartłomiej Piotrowski via arch-dev-public wrote:
>>> I have updated gcc in the repository to snapshot from 2018-02-11
>>> (r257571). Additionally, if you have access to soyuz, the repo can be
>>> easily used in build chroots with 'gcc8-x86_64-build' command (which
>>> also enables [testing]).
>>
>> Nice, thanks!
>>
>> Could you enable the password-less rules for sudo that are already setup
>> for extra-x86_64-build?  Currently gcc8-x86_64-build asks for a sudo
>> password, but most of us are not sudoers on soyuz (and don't need to be).
>>
>> Baptiste
>>

> Try now. My change may be overwritten as I didn't add it to our Ansible
> playbooks but I cross my fingers to see 8.1.0 soon.

Would it be worth adding a sudoers configuration that allows any
/usr/bin/*-x86_64-build command? On the theory that that is a rather
specific script suffix, and is exceedingly unlikely to be created in
/usr/bin/ for any reason other than as a symlink to archbuild with a
corresponding /usr/share/devtools/pacman-*.conf (which is presumably
something that should always be allowed).

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User