[arch-dev-public] Arch Linux Docker / Vagrant: Current situation

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Sat Jan 20 19:19:33 UTC 2018

Hello Everybody,
It's now over a half year ago that I've started working together with
sangy and pierre on our vagrant and docker images. I would like to give
you a short update on this topic.

The Arch Linux Vagrant images are currently be build for libvirt and
virtualbox. We have over 3800 downloads at the moment and slowly
catching up to the community based arch linux vagrant images.[1]

My first goal has been to add some hypervisors, but due to
the fact that we have only libvirt and virtualbox in our repositories I
have dismissed this plan. The automated build process works fine so far
(except some issues with qemu[2] and the dependency on punctual iso
releases on soyuz. The latter should we definitly fix. Currently the iso
images are build manually. Can we automate this somehow? I really rely
on punctual releases otherwise the automated build will fail and
somebody needs to trigger the build again manually. Happened about 1-2
times..)

The other topic is the docker image. Has anybody of you contact to
pierre? He doesn't answer my mails and he is the only one with access to
the repository on github.

Sangy/Santiago[3] was so nice to speak with the docker guys. They said
they would approve our docker image and we could move it to the other
official images[4]. But for this we need to do some changes on our
docker repository on github. (As long I understood sangy correct it
would be just some new branches).

best regards,

chris / shibumi

[1] https://app.vagrantup.com/archlinux/boxes/archlinux