[arch-dev-public] Arch Linux Docker / Vagrant: Current situation

Bartłomiej Piotrowski bpiotrowski at archlinux.org
Sun Jan 21 18:41:53 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-20 20:19, Christian Rebischke via arch-dev-public wrote:
> The Arch Linux Vagrant images are currently be build for libvirt and
> virtualbox. We have over 3800 downloads at the moment and slowly
> catching up to the community based arch linux vagrant images.[1]

It would be probably seen as more "official" if it was mentioned on our
website.

> My first goal has been to add some hypervisors, but due to
> the fact that we have only libvirt and virtualbox in our repositories I
> have dismissed this plan. The automated build process works fine so far
> (except some issues with qemu[2] and the dependency on punctual iso
> releases on soyuz. The latter should we definitly fix. Currently the iso
> images are build manually. Can we automate this somehow? I really rely
> on punctual releases otherwise the automated build will fail and
> somebody needs to trigger the build again manually. Happened about 1-2
> times..)

This is something that would require a virtually offline box to be fully
automated. For the time being, it sounds better to upgrade your vagrant
image after first week of the month.

Also, any plans to expand the scope to support OpenStack, AWS and GCE?
At the moment the scope sounds rather limited.

> Sangy/Santiago[3] was so nice to speak with the docker guys. They said
> they would approve our docker image and we could move it to the other
> official images[4]. But for this we need to do some changes on our
> docker repository on github. (As long I understood sangy correct it
> would be just some new branches).

Can you actually give more details how it's going to look like?

Bartłomiej