[arch-dev-public] Arch Linux Docker / Vagrant: Current situation

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Sun Jan 21 19:39:23 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 03:23:44PM +0100, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> I'm all for automatic builds, and the improvement where multiple people
> know how the ISO's are build & released. How would we however sign these
> builds? And is the bootstrap image also generated in the same manner?
Well, we have two options:

Option 1: More people can build ISOs and more people can sign the ISO.

Option 2: We automate the process and sign the ISO on our server with a
new public key. Thats how nixOS or voidlinux do this.

No idea about the bootstrap image. Is there a big difference between the
bootstrap image and `pacstrap` in some random directory?

> I or others can grant write access to the repository, see the owners on
> the Github organization. I would however first want to ask pierres about
> it since he irregurarly is on IRC.
> Are these docker builds going to be automated as well btw? Oh and
> testing images :-)

I would love to automate that as well, but I don't know a good process
for it yet. My first thought was that we automate docker via packer as
well, but unfortunately packer doesn't support docker builds. It
shouldn't be that difficult to automate it with some bash magic..

> This would be nice, how do we share the credentials to the docker login
> though? Or can we make multiple people owners?

Just register at dockerhub and I can add you to the Arch Linux Group.
(this applies to every other developer as well. If you want access just
register an account and message me)