[arch-dev-public] New dbscripts maintainer (aka: Making dbscripts great again!)

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Jan 29 20:35:51 UTC 2018

On 01/29/2018 03:27 PM, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Two possible strategies:
> a) Gradual migration: It might not work out for some aspects, but
> maybe there is way to prepare the current code to replace svn by git
> and postpoing the actual switch to the very end. It's also a good
> strategy to always have code merged that can and will be "deployed to
> production". Of course this would mean that we have git and svn
> running at the same time at some point.

I'd prefer this, especially as we had a general intention of making
dbscripts VCS-agnostic anyway.

What would be nice, is if we could get things to a state where modifying
a config.local variable and running anthraxx's migration script is all
it takes to start using git. Then in 20 years when we decide we want to
use the next great VCS it will be easier to switch...

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User